In light of Covid-19, we are delivering this CPD briefing remotely for as many of your remote workers who wish to join the teleconference.
The long-awaited Acoustics, Ventilation & Overheating: Residential Design Guide (AVO Guide) was officially launched at the end of January 2020. It sets out three significant advances to consider at planning for new residential developments. As major authors of the AVO Guide, we co-organised and presented at the launch event. This guidance will have significant implications for residential development on noisy sites. We are currently briefing developers, planning consultants and local planning authorities about the new guide, including:
- Acoustic constraints to reliance on opening windows to mitigate overheating
- Façade sound insulation and ventilation strategy
- Mechanical services noise – new considerations
- AVO Guide, ProPG and current national planning policy guidance
- The design process and how we will inform you of the new acoustic implications for your development
As we support projects from conception to completion, we can advise on the implications of decisions taken at planning stage. If you would like to discuss how the new guide affects you, or if you need a noise impact assessment, then please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
We will be pleased to provide food if you would like the briefing at lunch time.
Contact: Jack Harvie-Clark, DD Tel: 0191 620 0751