Apex provides assessments for BREEAM credits Hea 05 and Pol 05 for many types of developments, including multi-residential developments, education, healthcare, mixed use buildings, research centres, industrial premises, offices, and emergency services’ facilities.
Credit Hea 05 is for acoustic performance grouped into three categories for non-domestic buildings:
- Sound insulation between spaces – airborne and impact
- Ambient noise levels – from external sources and building services
- Sound absorption and reverberation times
BREEAM 2014 offers the opportunity for a suitably qualified acoustician to propose bespoke criteria for a project; this is a welcome change from previous versions that did not offer this flexibility, and we will be pleased to work with you to develop bespoke criteria for your development where appropriate.
Credit Pol 05 concerns the noise impact of the development on the local environment, and is often a similar assessment to that for Planning requirements.
Apex employs many suitably qualified acousticians as defined in BREEAM criteria, and regularly undertakes assessments for credits Hea 05 and Pol 05 under current and previous versions of BREEAM.
Recent projects include:
- Harrogate Police Station
- BAE manufacturing facility, Washington
- Network Rail offices, Gateshead
- Emergency Care and Pathology units, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead
- British Telecom offices, South Shields
- North Tyneside Area Command Headquarters, Wallsend
- PETeC Building, North East Technology Park, Sedgefield