From a single chiller unit to major industrial developments, Apex has broad experience in noise impact assessments. These are often required to discharge a Planning Condition that limits the noise impact of a development on the local environment or noise sensitive locations, and are also require for credits under the Pollution section of BREEAM assessments.
Our services in this area include baseline noise studies, environmental impact assessments (EIA), BS 4142 assessments, detailed design of bespoke mitigation, determination of site noise limits, and commissioning tests.
Commercial developments may include offices, retail, sports/leisure and distribution operations can have very different acoustical requirements. Where commercial activities are planned adjacent to noise sensitive receivers, appropriate mitigation measures need to be incorporated from the outset. Where commercial development is planned in an already noisy area, appropriate measures may be required to ensure that the noise environment required for the functioning of the development is achieved.
We use different levels of detail to calculate noise impact, from a spreadsheet to modelling in Cadna/A, as appropriate for a particular project to ensure our services are cost effective and mitigate the risk without requiring excessive solutions.
Recent contracts include:
- National Biologics Manufacturing Centre, Centre for Process Innovation, Darlington
- Virgin Media cable network hub upgrades, Perth, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Bromley, Bournemouth and nationwide
- Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Royal Armouries International Conference Centre, Leeds
- Cobalt Business Park, Wallsend
- Harrogate International Centre, Harrogate
- Refurbishment of Whitley Bay Leisure Pool, North Tyneside