We frequently provide acoustic design for offices to meet guidelines in current standards, the British Council for Offices (BCO Guide), and for BREEAM credits. These guidelines offer criteria for ambient noise, sound insulation to rooms requiring acoustic privacy, and reverberation time limits in rooms used for speech.
We can offer acoustic advice on the most cost-effective methods of achieving the performance requirements within the overall architectural intent. We are experienced in overcoming design details that can conflict with acoustic performance, such as an exposed soffit, natural ventilation, and glazed screens between spaces.
We are keen advocates of taking the acoustic design beyond the minimum requirements for achieving BREEAM credits or complying with British Standards. See here for more details.
Recent projects include:
- KPMG Offices, Sovereign Street, Leeds, for Morgan Sindall
- Thirteen Group HQ, Northshore, Stockton, for Muse Developments
- Stephenson Quarter offices, Newcastle upon Tyne, for _Space architects
- BT Offices, South Shields, Miller Construction
- Innovation and Entreprise Centre, Stockton Riverside
- Baddiley Clark Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle University
- Darlington Growth Hub, Darlington, Willmott Dixon
- North Tyneside Area Command Headquarters, Northumbria Police, Ryder Architecture