Our experience in acoustic design, supported by our sound insulation testing, gives us cast iron knowledge about what works and what doesn’t. We keep abreast of all the major suppliers products and systems, so we can advise you on the most cost-effective and buildable systems for your development. Suitable solutions can be readily determined at the design stage, saving substantially on cost and avoiding risk.
We offer FREE* design advice, including:
Where and how Part E applies
Where testing may be carried out
Different manufacturers’ products and systems
Compatible wall and floor types
Details for flanking constructions
Details for services penetrations
Remedial advice for test failures
Apex has broad acoustic design experience of all types of construction. We are able to advise on standard specifications and also to develop bespoke details for wall, floor and ceiling build-ups. We enjoy the challenge of the conversion of existing buildings, and also integrating extensions into existing structures. We are experienced in historically sensitive schemes.
Apex provides a fully UKAS-accredited sound insulation testing service on completion.
*Please contact us for terms and conditions.
Recent contracts include:
- Quality Homes for Older People, reprovision of North Tyneside care homes, _Space architects
- St Giles House, Reading, Bywater Capital
- Royal Arsenal Riverside, London, cross rail over station development for Berkeley Homes
- Shepherdess Walk, London, SolidSpace developments
- Motel One, Newcastle upon Tyne, Archial Norr
- Echo Central, Leeds, Barratt Homes
- Conversion of former Co-op, Hartlepool, Thermabuild
- Conversion of former Judo Club, Kendal, Two Castles Housing Association