Apex gets involved in residential projects on all scales – from the planning of large housing estates to the conversion of a single flat. From assessing the noise and vibration impacts on land for residential development, to the conversion of single dwellings; no details are overlooked.
New planning guidance: June 2017
The ProPG is due to be launched on 22nd June. We are delighted to be talking at the launch event, and proud to receive an acknowledgement in the document for our contribution. The ProPG changes the way that noise should be considered the planning process. Apex is well placed to assist you with the new guidance, having had a hand in writing it. See our exemplar project demonstrating good acoustic design. Catch us at the ICSV24 conference in July 2017 where we have organised a session on facade sound insulation and indoor environmental quality. We will be talking about acoustically treated passive ventilation solutions where opening windows permit excessive noise ingress, and you can get an update on the ANC Guide to Acoustics, Ventilation and Overheating.
Our attention to detail in determining the key acoustic drivers helps us identify any critical aspects early on, and avoids redesign later in the process.
Find out more about our free acoustic design service for small-scale developments.
Apex also offers UKAS-accredited sound insulation testing to comply with the Building Regulations.
Larger developments with centralised building services may require a noise impact assessment, which we are pleased to undertake.
Recent projects include:
- Grey Towers, Nunthorpe, Middlesbrough
– Residential development of 21 hectares for Barratt North East
- Former Emerson House site, Washington
– 100 dwellings on 4 hectares for Bellway Homes
- Royal Arsenal Riverside, Woolwich, London
– 592 dwellings, 165 senior living units, 5,000 m2 mixed use space for Berkeley Homes
- Residential development of land at North Tyneside Hospital
– Planning appeal against refusal for 80 dwellings for Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust
- Premier Inn, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
– 17 storey hotel conversion for Regent Capital Plc
- Charles Morris Halls, Leeds
– 457 bed student accommodation for Morgan Sindall Plc
- New Bridge Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
– 417 bed student accommodation in six storey timber frame development for Whelan Construction
- Redevelopment of the former Coop, Newgate Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
– creating a hotel, residential, retail and leisure use from this flagship city centre building
- Buckland Mill, Dover
– 42 new build and 14 refurbished affordable flats for Esh Group